- 2 teams, the students, wearing “goofy” shoes and sunglasses, take
turns kicking the soccer ball around the cones.
– Students, each given a cup, form a circle, one is chosen to be in the
middle, that person says, ”Let the winds of Portage Lake blow all those
who have……” (the student finishes the sentence like ….have a bird ….
have red on ….. have two sisters…live in Onekama etc.) Those students
who “have a bird” must set their cup down and run to another place/cup
while the person in the middle runs to a cup in the circle. The student
without a cup is now in the middle
- 2 teams, each team gets on one beach towel and then lays the next
one down and all players get on it, then they move the first beach towel
ahead and get on it, and so forth. First team to the cone wins!
for Field Day Activities
- 2 teams, 2 lines, soak sponge, pass it over the head and betw.
legs, last person squeezes out the sponge in the pail and runs to the
front of the line. When time is up, the team with the most water in
their pail wins!
Blind - 2 teams, students in pairs, one is blindfolded and uses a
ladle to get and carry the water to the other bucket as their partner
verbally directs them. After all pairs do it, then they switch roles.
Hoop It Up
– whole class forms a circle hanging on to hands, pass the hula hoop
around the circle without letting go of hands. Then add another hoop.
- 2 teams, first player puts on the T-shirt and walks to the cone
hanging on to their ankles, then crab walks back, the next student in
line does the same until all players on the team have a turn.
- Students hit the whiffle ball through the wickets in order, after
one student starts, another can start.
Circuit – see
Monkey – 2 teams, stand on the two white lines, count off 1,2,3 etc.
so each student has a number, put the monkey in the middle, teacher
calls off one number, the students with that number run to grab the
monkey and try to run back to their line without being tagged by the
opposing student (with the same number). Call out more than one number
as the activity gets going.
the Sand - 2 teams, taking turns the players with a spoon run to the
sandbox, get one marble, go back carrying the marble on the spoon, and
put it in the bowl. This continues until one team fills up their bowl